Friday, February 27, 2015

Interview with Rebecca Marie, author of One Month Week Day Hour Minute Second



Title: One Month Week Day Hour Minute Second
Author: Rebecca Marie
Publisher: iUniverse
Pages: 113
Genre: Self Help/Personal Growth
Format: Ebook
 Purchase at AMAZON 

Abuse knows no boundaries. It doesn’t care if you are rich or poor, old or young. It can enter your life at any time and stay as long as you let it. In One Month Week Day Hour Minute Second, author Rebecca Marie discusses that the key is to release the secrets, talk about the abuse, and take the power away from the abusers. In this memoir, she shares her personal journey surviving sexual and physical abuse, describing how abusive patterns started at a young age, how negative self-esteem continued to grow, and how it ended in her falling in love with a psychopath. One Month Week Day Hour Minute Second narrates how Marie was victimized and lived in daily fear and despair, but discusses how she chose not to remain a victim and took power over her own life. Hoping to break the cycle of domestic abuse one victim at a time, Marie tells her emotional story to call attention to the problem of domestic violence. Her story shows there is hope for others.

   amazon  

Do you listen to music while writing? If so, what do you listen to?

Yes, I do like to have background music. My favorite is good old fashion rock and roll from the 70’s or 80’s.

Do you have any suggestions for upcoming writers?

Every voice is worth hearing, words can be powerful. No matter what your topic, fiction or non-fiction if you have a desire to write about it then do it. You will be grateful and happy you fulfilled your goal and dream to be a writer.

What is it you like to do when you are not reading/writing?

I love camping, especially the late nights around the glowing campfire. Long drives outside of the city exploring new towns and taking in the scenery. I enjoy being with my family and friends and my two adorable cuddly dogs.

Is there an author/authors that have inspired you?

I cannot narrow it down to an author, however I have always been inspired by biographies/memoirs and the strength it takes to share a personal story.

As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a wife and have a large loving family. For my careers I once wanted to be a Doctor then I changed to wanting to be an Interior Decorator, neither of which I did pursue. Life has a way of guiding us to where we were meant to be.

How do you/would you react to a bad review of your book?


I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and controversy can be a positive thing because it creates more awareness around whatever it is talking about.  I would hold my professionalism, but have a feeling of defense because I feel this is such an important cause.

Rebecca Marie enjoys being a mentor and her goal in sharing her story is to help others see there is hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment